2013 Songwriting Contest:
Official Rules and Details
Submissions Open: Feb 6, 2013
Submissions Close: March 26, 2013
Finalists Announced: April 23, 2013
Finals show: winners chosen: May 19, 2013
Final judging will take place LIVE at PSP show in May 19, 2013 Time & Location TBA
(4) Grand Prize Winners Announced
WHAT DOES IT COST TO SUBMIT: Complete Pricing Below. Princing Holds at 2010 prices. Because of tiered pricing it is imperative that you decide how many songs to submit and do it once or you may be recharged at a higher price if you try to add more songs later.
|New/Renewing Member ($50)
|Student New Member ($30)
2013 THEME: Writers Choice: Just send us your best work
HOW MANY SONGS CAN I SUBMIT: As many as you like
WHO MAY SUBMIT:
- Any performing songwriter regardless of their level of expertise- beginner thru professional
- Any genre may be performed
- This can include instrumental songwriters as long as they will also be the live performers
YOUNG SONGWRITERS CATEGORY: Please Read the entire guideline page then click HERE for Specifics on Young Songwriters ( ages 9 - 15)
WHO MAY NOT SUBMIT:
- 2011 / 2012 winners of Philadelphia Songwriters Project Songwriting Contests.
This does not include semi-finalists of either year
- Any artist playing another high profile PSP show during the 2013 year
- Non- performing songwriters
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Songs will be judged in the following categories:
Lyric, Music, Performance quality
2nd ROUND JUDGES:
Glenn Barrett, Producer/ Morningstar Studios. 4 Grammy Awards and over a dozrn Gold & Multi-Platinum Albums
David Ivory, Producer/ Ivory Studios. Grammy nominated producer/engineer. Halestorm, Silvertide
Pete Donnelly, Artist/ Producer. The Figgs, NRBQ
The FireFly Festival Director & Booking Team
Jesse Lundy, Artist Management, Booker: Point Entertainment
Andrew Lipke, Artist/ Producer
Nancy Falkow, Award Winning Artist
FINALS Judges Are Still Being Confirmed at this time
MEMBERSHIP IN THE SONGWRITERS PROJECT:
The Songwriters Project is a non-profit arts and education organization therefore, we encourage membership. Please note, membership is NOT a requirement to enter the contest.
As a benefit however, new and renewing members will receive (1) free song submissions to the contest.
SUBMISSION IS EASY: 2 Steps
1 Email with the following information included.
1) *Name, Complete Address, Phone Contact, email, (Students only: age and have available valid student ID)
Link to song (Soundclound. Facebok, other online platform)
3) Link to Video of Live performance of the song (this does not have to be a fully produced video- just something that shows you performing your song)
4) Lyric Sheet (s) (word doc)
Send all info listed above in ONE email to Submission@phillysongwriters.com
Pay For Your Submission(s) using the correct paypal link: PayPal Page
*** NOTE: We are working on a new submission platform, so the instructions above may change during the course of the contest.
DO NOT SEND MP3 FILES to email address.
PRIZE PACKAGE: Mini- Tour
Rose Tree Summer Festival Friday June 28
Bethlehem Musik Festival Sunday August 11
Dewey Beach Music Conference & Festival September 19-21
Opening Slots @ Sellersville Theater- Dates TBA
*Stay tuned to the website as more opportunities or prizes may be added.
- Winners must be available to play at all performance opportunities to qualify
- Artists are responsible for all travel expenses incurred to performance opportunities
- Semi-finalist and Winners agree to promote The Philadelphia Songwriters Project, the contest results, and performances via Top Friending, Links, Logos, on artist website and blogs through their network of fans/friends. Non-compliance with cross promotion may result in forfeiting place in the contest.
- Additional Prizes may be added. Please check the website for updated details
Contact: 2013 Contest@phillysongwriters.com
All Submissions for 2013 MUST be Completed on-line, no snail mail available.